Spellcasters, Inc.Last Updated: March 1st 2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below. If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information.
When you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, or sign up for notifications or updates, we ask you for your username, password, and email address.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, when you contact us via a contact form, email, or other means, we will receive your first name, last name, organization, title, email address, phone number, as well as the content, date, and time of your message. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will receive your name and email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform, we will collect the information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, including but not limited to the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies.
Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you. We cannot provide you with our Services without this type of Cookies. We use the following necessary Cookies:
- authentication/session management
Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region. We use the following functional Cookies:
Analytical or Performance Cookies.
- Vercel Analytics
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, debug, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities;
- To understand and analyze usage patterns;
- To process your job application;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services and its promotions, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To aggregate and otherwise de-identify information for other business purposes;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your personal information where required to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may process your personal information where we have a legal obligation to do so. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your personal information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not share or otherwise disclose information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Consent. We may also disclose personal information with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below:
You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When we process personal information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on our Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States (“U.S.”). If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved or UK Government-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
Spellcasters Inc. 228 Park Ave S PMB 22282 New York New York 10003-1502